Somali Freshfruit Company Details
- Operational Address:Tahilwarsame buiilding third floor KM 4 hodon ,District, Magadishu, Somalia
- Business Type:Trading Company
- Year Established:2014
- Main Products:BANANAS,MANGO,WATERMELONS,COCONUTS,LEMON
- Address:Tahilwarsame buiilding third floor KM 4 hodon ,District
- Website:Visit website
- Somalia is one of African-Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries that traditionally exported bananas to Europe and to the rest of the world. Within the African countries, Somalia, Cameroon and Ivory Coast Somali Freshfruit Companyre the only three countries that exported bananas to Euro-Asia and parts of Africa. However, due to Somalia&＃39;s long running civil war and instability, the country has not been exporting bananas amongst other fruits for some time now. It is against this backdrop, that a group of banana and lime growers, businesses people and subject matter specialist came together to found Somali Freshfruit Company so as to revive Somalia&＃39;s role in banana and other fruit export thus returning Somali name into the ACP-African banana exporters&＃39; arena. Somali Freshfruit Company (SFC) was founded on February 2, 2014 in Lower Shabelle region to exploit the potential of untapped Somali horticulture industry particularly the Freshfruit industry with the aim of specializing in the trade of bananas and other Freshfruits.With the current stability in the country, the timing for the revival of the Somali agriculture produce trade particularly the horticulture sector has never been more appropriate and appealing than this time around. The current stability of the country, the booming horticultural production, the readiness of the farmers to cooperate with local marketing partners, the market proximity, the demanding gap in the market and the knowledge and experiences of the current management are all favorable contributors to the establishment of Somali Freshfruit Company.